I’m a digital marketing and product strategy veteran by trade, but I’ve done a few other things in my life that I’m proud of:
1. Founder of the Empiricist League, a creative community for those who believe in evidence, observation, and experiment.
2. Co-author of Invisible Frontier: Exploring the Tunnels, Ruins, and Rooftops of Hidden New York, published by Random House in 2003.
3. Co-founder of Gotham Girls Roller Derby, NYC’s all-female roller derby league.
4. Founder of the Jersey Surf Diablos, a group for surfers in North and Central NJ.
5. Bassist for the punk band The Unliked, which once opened for the great GG Allin & the Murder Junkies.
6. MC for the Brothers Cup, a hip-hop trio that opened for Ice Cube and Cypress Hill and was the winner of the Austin Chronicle’s “Best Rap Group” award in 1993 and 1994.
9. Pedal steel guitarist for Prince Lefty and His Ramblin’ Kings. We played monthly shows at Great Lakes in Park Slope, Brooklyn, covering 60’s honkytonk standards by folks like Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, and George Jones.
10. Infiltrator of San Cristobal de las Casas during the first Zapatista uprising in Chiapas, 1993.